Formalization of Micro Food Enterprises (MFE)
Unorganized MFEs units need technical up-gradation to attain FSSAI standards, build brands and to market their products. Government proposes to launch a Scheme of INR 10,000 Crore to formalize MFEs
- The scheme aims to help 2 lakh MFEs, SHGs, Farmer Producer Organizations and Cooperatives attain above goals
- The scheme will promote Cluster based approach where the MFEs will focus on their respective state’s nutritious specialty (e.g. Mango in UP, Kesar in J&K etc.)
- 3.3 Lakh family benefited till now, more 2.5 lakh family will be benefited due to extension
- The efforts will result in improved health and safety standards, integration with retail markets, improved incomes, and also tap export market and achieve “Vocal for Local with Global outreach”
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)
To curb the critical gaps in fisheries value chain GoI proposes to launch the PMMSY for integrated, sustainable, inclusive development of marine and inland fisheries.
- The government proposes to set aside INR. 20,000 Crores
- INR. 11,000 Cr will be for activities in Marine, Inland fisheries and Aquaculture and INR. 9000 Cr will be for Infrastructure – Fishing Harbours, Cold chain, Markets etc
- The Scheme will lead to Additional Fish Production of 70 lakh tonnes over 5 years, Employment to over 55 lakh persons; double exports to INR.1,00,000 Cr
- The scheme will also provide for Ban Period Support to fishermen (during the period fishing is not permitted), Personal & Boat Insurance
Promotion of Herbal Cultivation
- National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB) has supported 2.25 lac hectare area under cultivation of medicinal plants.
- 10,00,000 hectare will be covered under Herbal cultivation in next two years with outlay of INR. 4000 crore
- NMPB will bring 800 hectare area by developing a corridor of medicinal plants along the banks of Ganga.
- This will lead to INR. 5,000 crores income generation for farmers
- Beekeeping is a livelihood supporting activity for rural areas which provides honey and other beehive products like wax.
- Government will implement a scheme for Infrastructure development related to Integrated Beekeeping Development Centres, Collection, Marketing and Storage Centres, Post Harvest & Value Addition facilities etc;
- Implementation of standards & developing traceability system
- Development of quality nucleus stock and bee breeders.
- This will lead to increase in income for 2 lakh beekeepers and quality honey to consumers.
Pages: 1 2